Rajshahi Krishi Unnoyon Bank
36. In a survey, 30% of the people surveyed owned a personal computer and 75% owned a cellular telephone. If 25% owned both a cellular telephone and a personal computer, then the percentage of the people who does not have either of the instrument?
(a) 40% (b) 30% (c) 25% (d) 20%
Ans: (d) 20%
38. Which of the following is not equivalent to
(a) 5x = y -2 (b)
Ans: (a) 5x = y -2
39. If then x =?
(a) – 3 (b) 1 (c) 0 (d) – 1
Ans: (c) 0
40. A company employs 15 persons, each working 44 hours a week. If 4 persons are absent, how many hours a week would the rest of the persons have to work to make up the time lost?
(a) 45 (b) 48 (c) 50 (d) 56
41. Anis, who owns % of a factory, sells half of his share for Tk. 33,333. The value of the entire factory is-
(a) Tk. 9,999 (b) Tk. 66,666 (c) Tk. 99,999 (d) Tk. 133,332
Ans: (c) Tk. 99,999
42. A man walked 2 miles east, then 2 miles south, then again 4 miles east and finally 10 miles north. How far did he walk from the starting point?
(a) 10 (b) 9 (c) 8 (d) 7
Ans: (a) 10
43. A book sells for Tk.65. This price gives the seller a profit of 30% on his cost. What will be the new selling price if he cuts his profit to 10% of its cost?
(a) 45 (b) 50 (c) 55 (d) 60
Ans: (c) 55
44. A motorcycle costs Tk. 2500 when it is brand new. At the end of each year it is worth of what it was at the beginning of the year. What is the motorcycle worth when it is 3 years old?
(a) Tk. 1,000 (b) Tk. 1,280 (c) Tk. 1,340 (d) Tk. 1,430
Ans: (b) Tk. 1,280
45. In square ABCD below, what is the value of
(a) (b) 2 (c) (d) 1
46. IN the picture area of the square ABCD is 196 square miles, O is the center of the circle. What will be the area of the circle in square miles?
(a) (b) (c) (d)
47. There are 3 circles A, B and C (C >b > A). Area of the circle A is 100 Square Inch and B is 50% of C and 200% of A. What is the area of C?
(a) 200 Sq Inch (b) 300 Sq Inch
(c) 400 Sq Inch (d) 800 Sq Inch
Ans: (c) 400 Sq Inch
48. A boat goes 13 km upstream (against current) in 39 minutes. The speed of stream (current) is 3km/hr. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
(a) 23Km/hr (b) 27 Km/hr (c) 17 Km/hr (d) 20 Km/hr
Ans: (a) 23Km/hr
49. Mr. Tamal purchased stocks for Tk. 1500 and sold of it its value doubled. He sold the remaining stock at 5 times of its purchase price. What v. as the total profit?
(a) Tk. 2,000 (b) Tk. 2,500 (c) Tk. 3,000 (d) Tk. 6,000
Ans: (c) Tk. 3,000
50. The daily rate for a hotel room having 4 beds is Tk.390 for one person and X taka for each additional person. If 3 people take the room for one day and each pays Tk.210 for the room, then what is the value of X?
(a) 60 (b) 80 (c) 240 (d) 120
Ans: (d) 120
51. An employee pays 3 workers – X, Y and Z. a total of Tk.610 in a week. X is paid 125% of the amount Y is paid and 80% of the amount Z is paid. How much does X make a week?
(a) Tk. 150 (b) Tk. 175 (c) Tk. 180 (d) Tk. 200
Ans: (d) Tk. 200
52. A trader dealing in pressure cookers reduced the price by 20% as a result of which his sale went up by 80%. What is the net effect of his sales income?
(a) 44% decrease (b) 44% increase
(c) 64% increase (d) 66% increase
Ans: (b) 44% increase
53. At present, father’s age is 4 times more than that of his son. 6 years ago father’s age was 10 times more than that of his son. What is the present age of father and son?
(a) 36 and 9 years (b) 32 and 8 years
(c) 40 and 10 years (d) 48 and 12 years
Ans: (a) 36 and 9 years
54. The value of a fraction is . If the numerator decreased by 2 and the denominator increased by I, the resulting fraction is equivalent to . Find the numerator of the original fraction.
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 6 (d) 8
Ans: (c) 6
55. What is the largest number of mangoes not exceeding 440 that can be distributed among three persons in the proportions 5 : 6: 7?
(a) 420 (b) 432 (c) 436 (d) 440
Ans: (a) 420