14. The sun of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
15. The least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18 is-
(a) 10010 (b) 10015 (c) 10020 (d) 10080
Ans. (d) 10080
16. A boy multiplied 423 by a number and obtained 65589 as his answer. If both the fives in the answer are wrong and all other figures are correct, the correct answer. is:
(a) 60489 (b) 62189 (c) 61189 (d) 62389
Ans. (a) 60489
17. The perfect square, which is divisible by each of 21, 36 and 66, is:
(a) 213444 (b) 214344 (c) 214434 (d) 231444
Ans. (a) 213444
18. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest number?
(a) 2 (b) 5 (c) 8 (d) None of these
Ans. (c) 8
19. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal of 6 times the other. The bigger is of the two numbers is:
(a)10 (b) 12 (c) 15 (d) 16
Ans. (b) 12
20. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years, what is definitely the difference between R and Q’s age?
(a) 1 year (b) 25 years (c) 2 years (d) Data inadequate
Ans. (d) Data inadequate
21. At an election involving two candidates. 68 votes were declared invalid. The winning candidate secures 52% and wins by 98 votes. The total numbers of votes polled is:
(a) 2382 (b) 2450 (c) 2518 (d) None of these
Ans. (c) 2518
22. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for TK. 350 than by selling it for TK. 340, the cost of the article is:
(a) TK. 50 (b) TK. 160 (c) TK. 200 (d) TK. 225
Ans. (c) TK. 200
23. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
(a) 3 (b) 9 (c) (d)
24. If 9 examiners can examine a certain number of answer books in 12 days, working 5 hours a day: for how many hours a day would 4 examiners have to work in order to examine twice the number of answer book in 30 days?
(a) 3 (b) 8 (c) 9 (d) 10
Ans. (c) 9
25. If a person walks at 14km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is:
(a) 50 km (b) 56 km (c) 70 km (d) 80 km
Ans. (a) 50 km
26. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of TK. 1000 after 4 years?
(a) TK. 31 (b) TK. 32.10 (c) TK. 40.40 (d) TK. 64.10
Ans. (d) TK. 64.10