Bangladesh Krishi Bank Ltd.
Recruitment Test for Officer-2012
26. The interest charged on a loan is Tk. p per Tk. 1000 for the first month and Tk. q per Tk. 1000 for each month after the first month. How much interest will be charged during the first three months on a loan of Tk. 10000?
(a) 10p + 20q (b) p + 2q (c) 20p + 10q (d) 30q
Ans. (a) 10p + 20q
27. 8% of the people eligible to vote are between 18 and 21. In an election 85% of those (between 18 and 21) actually voted. What is the percentage of those voters (between 18 and 21) in terms of total eligible voters?
(a) 8 (b) 6.4 (c) 6.8 (d) 4.2
Ans. (c) 6.8
28. If x + 2y = 4 and then x is equal to-
(a) (b) 1 (c) (d) 2
Ans. (d) 2
29. A worker is paid Tk. d and hour for the first 8 hours she works in a day. For every hour after the first 8 hours, she is paid Tk. c an hour. If she works 12 hours in one day, what is her average hourly wage for that day?
(a) (b) 8d + 4c
30. Considering the accompanying diagram, which of the following statements is true?
(a) KM < KL (b) KM < LM (c) KL < LM (d) LM < KL
Ans. (d) LM < KL
31. The cost of a share in Ace enterprises was Tk. D on Jan. 1, 2009. One year later, a share increased to Tk. Q. The fraction by which the cost of a share has increased in the year is-
32. A bus uses one gallon of gasoline to travel 15 miles. After a tune-up, the bus travels 15% farther on one gallon. How many gallons of gasoline (to the nearest tenth) will it take for the bus to travel 150 miles after a tune-up?
(a) 8.7 (b) 8.5 (c) 8.9 (d) 9
Ans. (a) 8.7
33. Mr. Jamal bought a house at Tk. C in 2008 Three years later he sold the house for 25% more than he paid for it. He has to pay a tax of 50% of the gain. How much tax must Mr. Jamal pay?
34. If n and p are both odd numbers, which of h following numbers must be an even number?
(a) n + p (b) np (c) np + 2 (d) n + p + 1
Ans. (a) n + p
35. ABCD is a square. EFGH is a rectangle. AB = 3, EF = 4, FG = 6. The area of the region outside of ABCD and inside EFGH is-
(a) 6 (b) 9 (c) 12 (d) 15
Ans. (d) 15