Basic Bank Ltd.
25. Farhana has a cake recipe which states that the cake should be baked in a pan 8 inches in diameter. If Farhan wants to use the recipe to make of the same depth but 12 inches in diameter, by what factor should she multiply the recipe ingredients?
(a) 2.25 (b) 2.5 (c) 2.75 (d) 2 (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 2.25
26. In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of tea worth Tk 60 per kg and Tk 65 per kg so that by selling the mixture at Tk 68.20 per kg he may gain 10%?
(a) 3 : 2 (b) 3 : 4 (c) 3 : 5 (d) 4 : 5 (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 3 : 2
27. A man can row three-quarters of a kilometer against the stream in 11.25 minutes and down the stream in 7.5 minutes. The speed (in km/hr) of the man in still water is:
(a) 4 km/hr (b) 5 km/hr (c) 6 km/hr
(d) 6.5 km/hr (e) None of these
Ans. b) 5 km/hr
28. A picture is copied onto a sheet of paper, which measures 8.5 inches by 10 inches. A border of 1.5 inch is left all around. What is the area, in square inches, covered by the picture?
(a) 76 (b) 65 (c) 38.5 (d) 59.5 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 38.5
29. A train can travel 50% faster than a car, Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B, 75 kilometers (km) away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train had lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the station. What is: the speed of the car?
(a) 120 km/hr (b) 110 km/hr (c) 100 km/hr
(d) 80 km/hr (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 120 km/hr
30. In dividing a number by 585, a student employed the method of short division. He divided the number successively by 5, 9 and 13 (factors of 585) and got the remainders, 4, 8, 12 respectively. If he had divided the number by 585, what would have been the remainder?
(a) 24 (b) 144 (c) 292 (d) 584 (e) None of these
Ans. (d) 584
31. Three pipes P, Q and R can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working all three together for 2 hours, R is closed and P and Q can fill the remaining part in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by R alone to fill the tank is-
(a) 10 (b) 12 (c) 14 (d) 16 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 14
32. Present ages of Samad and Akmal are in the ratio of 5 : 4 respectively. Three years later, the ratio of their ages will become 11 : 9 respectively. What is Akmal’s present age?
(a) 24 (b) 27 (c) 29 (d) 40 (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 24
33. In a two-digit number, if it is known that its unit’s digit exceeds its ten’s digit by 2 and that the product of the given number and the sum of its digits is equal to 144, then the number is-
(a) 46 (b) 42 (c) 26 (d) 24 (e) None of these
Ans. (d) 24
34. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at and . Their lengths are 1 .10km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is –
(a) 36 (b) 45 (c) 48 (d) 49 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 48
35. If ‘n’ is a natural number, then is always divisible by:
(a) 6 only (b) 12 only (c) 6 and 12 both
(d) 8 only (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 6 only
36. In a 500 m race, the ratio of the speeds of two contestants Ajmal and Badal is 3 : 4. If Ajmal has a head start of 140 m then Ajmal wins by –
(a) 10m (b) 20m (c) 30m
(d) 60m (e) None of these
Ans. (e) None of these
37. A machine P can print one lakh books in 8 hours; machine Q can print the same number of books in 10 hours while machine R can print them in 12 hours. All the machines are started at 9 A.M. while machine P is stopped at 11 A.M. and the remaining two machines completed the work. Approximately at what time will the work (to print one lakh books) be finished?
(a) 11 : 300 A.M (b) 12 noon (c) 12 : 30 P.M
(d) 11 : 300 A.M (e) None of these
Ans. (e) None of these
38. IN a certain country, a person is born every 5 seconds and a person dies every 13 seconds. Therefore, the birth and death and death rates account for a population growth rate of one person every-
(a) 0.123 see (b) 9 see (c) 8 see
(d) 8.125 see (e) None of these
Ans. (d) 8.125 see
39. On dividing a number by 357, we get 39 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 17, what will be the remainder?
(a) 0 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 11 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 5