Basic Bank Ltd.
Recruitment Test for Assistant Manager-2012
21. In a certain country, a person is born every 7 seconds and a person dies every 13 seconds. Therefore, the birth and death rates account for a population growth rate of one person every-
(a) 4.5 seconds (b) 6 seconds (c) 15.17 seconds
(d) 20 seconds (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 15.17 seconds
22. Two different companies, X and Y, have the same number of workers. The ratio of the male workers in company X and the male workers in company X and the male workers in company Y is 2 : 1 and the ratio of the female workers in company X and the female workers in company Y is 4 : 5. What is the ratio of the male workers to the female workers in company X?
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 2 : 3 (c) 3 : 4 (d) 1 : 5 (e) None of these
Ans. (a) 1 : 2
23. A certain integer n is a multiple of both 5 and 9. Which of the following must be true?
i. n is an odd integer ii. n is equal to 45 iii. n is a multiple of 15
(a) I only (b) I and II only (c) I and II only
(d) III only (e) None of these
Ans. (d) III only
24. A company paid Tk, 5,00,000 in merit raises to employees whose performances were rated A, B, or C. Each employee rated A received twice the amount of the raise that was paid to each employee rated C; each employee rated B receive 150% of the amount of the raise that was paid to each employee rated C. If 50 workers were rated A, 100 were rated B, and 150 were rated C, how much was the raise paid to each employee rated B?
(a) Tk. 740 (b) Tk. 1250 (c) Tk. 1875
(d) Tk. 2, 500 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) Tk. 1875
25. A time-study specialist has set the production rate for each worker on a certain job at 22 units every 3 hours. At this rate what is the minimum number of workers that should be put on the job if at least 90 units are to be produced per hour?
(a) 12 (b) 13 (c) 18 (d) 30 (e) None of these
Ans. (b) 13
26. Humayun is asked to write a guide for GMAT exam preparation. For his work, the publishing company is giving him a choice of a one-time’ payment of Tk. 25,625 or Tk. 2,000 plus 10% royalties per copy sold. If his royalty rate results in a royalty of Tk. 15.75 per guide sold, how many guides need to be sold for the total income received by Humanyn to be the same from either choice?
(a) 1,250 (b) 1,437 (c) 1,500
(d) 1,550 (e) None of these
Ans. (c) 1,500
27. In a shop, the cost of 5 shirts, 5 pairs of trousers and 3 hats is Tk. 710. The cost of 11 shirts, 11 pairs of trousers and 8 hats is Tk. 1,590. What is the total cost of 1 shirt, 1 pair of trousers and 1 hat?
(a) Tk. 130 (b) Tk. 150 (c) Tk. 180
(d) Tk. 200 (e) None of these
Ans. (b) Tk. 150
28. In a class, the average marks attained in an exam is 80. The average of students who scored below 75 is 65. The average of students who scored 75 or more is 90. If the total number of students in this class is 20, how many student scored 75 or more?
(a) 6 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12 (e) None of these
Ans. (d) 12
29. A school has 10 classes with the same number of students in each class. One day, the weather was bad and many students were absent. 3 classes were half full, 5 classes were full and 2 classes were empty. A total of 74 students were absent. What is the total number of students in this school?
(a) 200 (b) 220 (c) 240 (d) 240 (e) None of these
Ans. (d) 240
30. What is the minimum umber of flowers that must be added to an existing stock of 966 flowers so that the total stock can be equally distributed among 6, 7, 8 or 9 persons?
(a) 36 (b) 42 (c) 56 (d) 72 (e) None of these
Ans. (b) 42